Friday, July 24, 2009

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

We have made it to Missouri, in fact we are only a few miles from Illinois. (Mr. Daniels and I are hoping to ride across the whole 125+ mile portion of Illinois in our next 5 hour shift... it might take a bit longer, but we can hope.)

Missouri is just about the same as those old wooden roller coasters, unfortunately, it is self propelled. The rollers are incredible and often pretty fun! If you get enough speed on the way down, without killing yourself, you can easily attack the other side.

The bigger picture. We are hoping to cross Illinois and Indiana by Saturday afternoon. That means we should be entering Ohio by Cincinnati sometime on Saturday evening. We are then continuing through: Waynesville, Clifton, London/Lafayette, Kilbourne, Sparta, Butler, Jeromesville, Marshallville, North Canton, Hartville, we pass north of Salem, and on into Pennsylvania. I'm not sure if that makes any sense (the maps get chaotic in Ohio) and I am also not sure when we will be going past those towns. Ill be trying to update as soon as I can.

I don't have much time to post, so I'll wrap up with a comment on the riders. I have been truly impressed with everyone's ability to ride (hills and flats alike). There has been almost no complaining, everyone has had high spirits the whole ride, and we have been making great time. At this point, it has been a wonderful experience. (with a few days left, I hope it doesn't go downhill (figuratively (I really hope it does go downhill (literally.))))

No comments:

Post a Comment