Wednesday, July 29, 2009

done.

WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I have just awoken from my first solid night of rest in over 10 days. Yesterday at about noon we pulled up to the episcopal center in NYC! We had an interesting ride through east New Jersey followed by an exhilarating ride over the George washington bridge. (It was really cool. (It was pretty obvious who was local and who wasn't. (We were all white knuckled as we rode along next to the railing. (The few locals we saw riding on the bridge were either screaming and yelling into their cell phone or going about a thousand mph)))). After the bridge we had a scary ride through new york traffic and a fun ride through central park!

At the episcopal center we were met by cheers and camera flashes. The Bishop, Kelly, and I were chosen to be interviewed for an Episcopal publication.

Before my Mom and sisters (they flew in to see me) flew home we spent a few hours wandering around NYC. We took the Staten Island ferry. And we visited ground zero.





Before all this. As we rode into Pennsylvania we went through a small town named New Castle. I hate this town. Because I got hit by a car. IM FINE! I was not hurt, but my front wheel was destroyed. A man turned left into me on his way to the Tic Toc convenience store for some butter. He hit my front wheelset, and my bike immediately stopped. I, on the other hand, continued in a neat parabola over his hood and into the asphalt on the other side.
I was able to continue the ride because the Bishop, being the great man he is, brought a spare wheelset. Thank You Bishop Mark!!!





All in all. It was a fantastic experience, one that will likely never be far off my mind, and one that will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment